Paper Crafting/Card Making
Paper crafting and card making classes will be held at Walden Pond Wellness Center, 540 Gleason Drive in Moosic. $15 includes all supplies.
• “Handmade Greetings,” Monday, Feb. 12, 6:30-8:45 p.m. Registration closes Feb. 9 or when full.
• “Wine Down Wednesday” feel free to bring a bottle of wine and snacks. $15 includes all supplies. Wednesday, Feb. 28, 6:30-8:45 p.m.; ages 21 and up. Registration closes Feb. 24 or when full.
Register by calling or texting 570-357-4580.
School Calendar Adjustments
Riverside School District have made calendar adjustments: second quarter marking period report cards will be distributed on Monday, Feb. 5. Parent-teacher conferences will be held on Feb. 12 and 13. East dismissal is at 11 a.m.; West dismissal is at 11:30 a.m.
Riverside School District will not hold classes on Monday, Feb. 19, in honor of Presidents’ Day.
Track and Field Team
The Assumption College department of athletics has announced that John Plisko, of Moosic has earned a spot on the 2017-18 men’s track and field team.
• Matthew Joseph Rebovich of Old Forge, has earned a bachelor of science degree in business administration from Kutztown University.
• DeSales University held its mid-year commencement. Among the graduates was Krystina M. Clements of Taylor, who earned a bachelor of science in accounting and marketing.
• Wilkes University announced the dean’s list for the fall semester. Among them were: Emily Banks of Taylor, Mia Barbieri of Avoca, Sabrina Brennan of Taylor, Joseph Champi of Dupont, Julienne Chropowicki of Duryea, Dominique DelPriore of Dupont, Jordan Fritz of Avoca, Elyse Guziewicz of Duryea, Thomas Kivak of Dupont, Steven Lee of Duryea, Brianna Mazzaccaro of Duryea, Thomas Nawrocki of Moosic, Nicholas Preston of Duryea, Dominique Quaglia of Duryea, John Roberts of Old Forge, John Segilia of Moosic, Erica Stolan of Old Forge, Gabrielle Verespey of Old Forge, Danielle Vols of Old Forge, Danielle Zydko of Duryea and David Zydko of Duryea.
• Local residents were among more than 1,600 students named to The University of Scranton’s dean’s list for the fall semester. Among them were: Alexis Tayoun of Old Forge, Christina Brannon of Old Forge, David Tomasetti of Old Forge, Megan Kolis of Taylor, Mitchell Rook of Old Forge, Austin Smithonic of Dupont, Kenneth Kielar of Taylor, Gabrielle Palonis of Taylor, Lauren Carey of Old Forge, Alexis Manzo of Moosic, James Muth of Taylor, Nicholas Pahoski of Old Forge and Daniel Redmond of Taylor.