The Historical Society of Old Forge will meet Thursday, Feb. 25, at 7 p.m. in the lower level meeting room of the borough building. Meetings are open to everyone.
Little League Registration
Moosic Little League is accepting online registrations through Monday, Feb. 29. Children ages 4-16 residing in Moosic are eligible to participate. Visit moosiclittleleague.com to complete the online registration. A league representative will follow-up to coordinate a uniform fitting. Further questions can be directed to 570-947-1033.
Pre-St. Pat’s Party
Serving Seniors will host its annual “pre-St. Patrick’s day cocktail party” Friday, March 4, 5:30-8 p.m. at Glenmaura National Country Club, 100 Glenmaura National Blvd. in Moosic. Admission is $40. The event also includes hors d’oeuvres, cocktails and entertainment. Call 570-344-3931 to reserve your tickets. Tickets are also available at the door. The public is welcome. Proceeds from this event will benefit Serving Seniors programs.
Designer Purse Bingo
Excelsior Hose Co. No. 2 ladies auxiliary will host a designer purse bingo Sunday, March 6, at 1 p.m. at the Eagle McClure Hose Co., 375 Milwaukee Ave. in Old Forge. Doors will open at 11:30 a.m.; the first game starts at 1 p.m. Tickets will be $20 in advance and $25 at the door. There will be basket raffles and special games the day of the event. Food and beverages will also be sold. Tickets will be sold on a first-come-first-served basis and will sell out. For tickets or questions call 570-499-9172 or email Hughes.Amy.email@example.com or Christen.firstname.lastname@example.org or ask any member or the fire department.
Old Forge Veterans of Foreign Wars Post No. 4954 will hold nomination of officers Tuesday, March 8, at 7 p.m. All members are urged to attend.
• At Widener University Commonwealth Law School, Marygrace Sempa of Old Forge, was named to the dean’s list for the fall 2015 semester.
• Kayleen Hutchinson of Old Forge has earned dean’s list honors at Holy Family University in Philadelphia for the fall 2015 semester. Kayleen is majoring in criminal justice, and is a member of the university’s honor’s program.
• Loyola University Maryland has announced the members of its fall 2015 dean’s list. Among them were Melissa Becker of Moosic.
Assistive Technology Available
Pennsylvania’s Telecommunication Device Distribution Program (TDDP) provides specialized land-line telephone equipment, free, to eligible Pennsylvanians with disabilities that prevent them from having independent access to the telephone. This includes people who are deaf, hard of hearing, speech impaired, blind or have visual problems, or have physical or intellectual disabilities.
• be a Pennsylvania resident and 6 years of age or older;
• have a disability that prevents independence on a standard phone;
• have an individual gross income of less than 200 percent of the federal poverty guidelines;
• have current telephone service (i.e. a landline or digital home service)
• have the ability to learn how to use the requested device(s)
Need more information? Call 570-347-335 (voice) or email email@example.com. Free demonstrations and/or short-term equipment loans are also available to help determine what equipment works best.
TDDP is managed by Pennsylvania’s Initiative on Assistive Technology (PIAT), a program of the Institute on Disabilities at Temple University, in conjunction with the PA Office of Vocational Rehabilitation (OVR) and the PA Public Utility Commission (PUC).